From the Desk of Chief Tony Barthuly
Birky 67 Challenge 67 Mile Bicycle Ride!
June 4, 2011 8 AM
- WHO: Everyone is invited
- WHAT: “The Birky Challenge”, a 67 mile memorial bicycle ride to honor fallen Fond du Lac Police Officer Craig Birkholz, badge #67. (This course also has a shorter loop of 40 miles)
- WHERE: Start and finish at Grace Christian Church in Fond du Lac WI, located on the corner of Hwy K and 4th St, (1596 4th St, Fond du Lac WI)
- WHY: To raise money for a student college scholarship, all proceeds will go towards funding a Law Enforcement college scholarship. This bike ride has 2 routes to choose from, either a 67 mile route or a 40 mile route (the 40 mile route covers most of the 67 mile route, however, has a short cut to lower the distance). Both routes will be on paved roadway, there will be no off road riding.
The route leaves Fond du Lac heading south east towards scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest, then north towards Greenbush, and then back westward to Fond du Lac. There will be 3 rest stops along the route with Gatorade, water, fruits, vegetables, cookies, and of course donuts. There will be professional bike mechanics along the route to help with any problems that may occur. The course will be clearly marked out and will have a Police Motorcycle lead out. Bike helmets are mandatory, no exceptions!
Anyone participating must fill out and sign disclaimer and pledge sheet, along with payment made out to “FDLPD Bicycle Memorial Fund”
Fond du Lac PD
126 N Main St
Fond du Lac WI 54935
- $25.00 for those entries received by May 28th, these entries receive a memorial decal
- $35.00 entry fee after May 28 (Registration opens at 7am the day of)
- Everyone who participates receives a “Birky Challenge” water bottle
- Those who raise $67.00 or more receive a “Birky Challenge” T-Shirt
- Any person who raises over $250.00 will receive a special commemorative bicycle jersey!
Send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org