On September 11, 2009, one of Detective Makurat’s 13 year old twin sons, Kyle, collapsed during gym class, stopped breathing and became pulse-less. School staff performed CPR until paramedics arrived. Kyle was later flown by helicopter to the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, where he remains. On September 12th, Kyle’s heart stopped a second time and hospital staff performed CPR. He had open heart surgery on September 13th to repair his damaged, young heart. Kyle is still in the hospital showing signs of improvement, but a long recovery is expected.
To Donate by Credit Card:
- Send e-mail to email@example.com
- Subject line should state “Credit card donation for Kyle Makurat Fund”
- Include in e-mail: Amount you wish to donate and e-mail address
- I will then send an invoice to the contributor from our Class 289 Pay Pal account. The contributor will receive the “Request for Payment” via e-mail
- The contributor clicks on the link in the e-mail and follows the steps to have the donation amount charged to his/her credit card